The borough was formed as New Shrewsbury by an act of the New Jersey Legislature on August 15, 1950, based on the results of a referendum held on July 18, 1950, after breaking away from Shrewsbury Township.It was renamed "Tinton Falls" in 1975, to avoid postal errors.The name came from Lewis Morris's plantation, Tinton Manor, which employed free white workers and slaves.The borough is home to the highest waterfall on New Jersey's coastal plain.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web-site comes in part from the Internet Listing Display database of the CENTRAL JERSEY MULTIPLE LISTING SYSTEM. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than this site-owner are marked with the ILD logo. The CENTRAL JERSEY MULTIPLE LISTING SYSTEM does not warrant the accuracy, quality, reliability, suitability, completeness, usefulness or effectiveness of any information provided. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify properties the consumer may be interested in purchasing or renting.
Copyright 2022, CENTRAL JERSEY MULTIPLE LISTING SYSTEM. All Rights reserved. The CENTRAL JERSEY MULTIPLE LISTING SYSTEM retains all rights, title and interest in and to its trademarks, service marks and copyrighted material. Updated: 22nd May, 2022 4:51 PM (UTC)